Today’s installment of Eye Candy takes us to Southern France! Check out this gorgeous estate featured in WSJ’s House of the Day. Here’s what I see:
– Beautiful use of neutrals – notice how much depth a room can have simply with creams, tans, and greys.
– Mix of materials – check out use of wood on the beams and floors, metal in the art, and soft upholstery on the furniture and curtains.
– Pretty lines in the dining room – note the geometric pattern in the chairs, floor, windows, and rug.
– Love chandeliers – see the sparkle they add to the dining room and bedroom.
– Outside comes in – again, see how the design carries the outside colors in.
I’m so inspired by these pretty neutrals, I think I’ll do a post tomorrow on my favorite neutral paint colors – stay tuned!