1. Potted flowers: Home Depot has great light weight pots. Buy a couple for your front stoop and change the flowers out each season. I love yellow mums in the fall!
2. Paint your front door: Check out Feng Shui principles to help you narrow your options. And then try something bold. I’m into turquoises, oranges, and yellows lately.
3. Change your light fixtures: I’m a huge fan of clear glass because it twinkles. I also like to error on the side of a little too big rather than too small. And I love hanging porch lights.
4. Clean up chipped paint: Check rails, shutters, trim for chipped paint and have it repaired and touched up.
5. Add rails: A pretty white wood or wrought iron rail around a porch or stoop can add a lot of character.